With more than 65 million of foreign tourists each year, France is the most visited country in the world. The variety of landscapes, beaches, mountains as well as its rich cultural and gastronomic heritage make it a favorite destination.
Website extension : .fr
Phone prefix : + 33
Known health risks
-No specific immunization is required to enter the country.
- There are no specific risks but if you go to the Reunion Island, beware of tiger mosquitoes that can transmit the Chikungunya.
Good to know
- Thieves and pickpockets operate on the Paris underground and R E R lines. There have been several victims of serious assault on the R E R line B, which serves Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports and Paris Gare du Nord Eurostar terminus. There have also been serious assaults on RER line D, which serves the Stade de France.
- There is a general threat from terrorism. Attacks could be indiscriminate. You should remain vigilant in public places including on public transport.
- Concealing the face in public places in France is illegal. This includes balaclavas, full veils or any other garment or mask that is used to conceal the face. Failure to comply with the ban is punishable by a maximum fine of €150.
- If you need emergency medical assistance during your trip, dial 112 and ask for an ambulance.
- Forest fires can occur anywhere in southern France during the summer months but especially along the Mediterranean coast and on Corsica.