Second most visited country in the world, the United States of America welcome every year more than 60 million tourists. New York remains the most popular destination with its towering skyscrapers, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park and, of course, its different neighborhoods with multicultural atmosphere : The Bronx, Brooklyn, ...
. The Wild West will immerse you in a western atmosphere with deserts (Death Valley, Mojave Desert), its inescapable Grand Canyon and Indian reserves. On a different note, the many national parks, such as Yellowstone and Yosemite, will allow you to discover the diversity and beauty of the landscapes of the West.
Finally, whether under the Florida sun in Miami, or on the west coast of California, the beautiful beaches will welcome you for a relaxing moment or sport. Unless you prefer to go in search of pop icons in uptown Los Angeles (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, ...) or try your luck in the casinos of Las Vegas.
Website extension : .us
Phone prefix : + 1
Gastronomic habits & Specialities
Hamburgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, meatloaf, Buffalo wings, Chili con carne, Caesar salad, ...
Pancakes, apple pies, muffins, cookies, cheesecakes, sundae, ...
Known health risks
No mandatory vaccinations
Good to know
Tourists are the main targets of pickpockets.. It is advisable not to wear important papers with you (passports, flight tickets and big sum of money). Rather, it is best to keep a photocopy of your passport and green paper "visa waiver" gived by immigration when entering the territory.
It is advised to be vigilant in the big cities, especially on the most tourist sites and in some neighbourhoods :
- New York : Harlem, The Bronx, Central Park on night.
- Washington : north-east and south-east neighbourhoods, the Anacostia neighbourhood, the bus station and the Union Station on night.
- Chicago : West Side neighbourhood and the south of the 59th Street on night.
- Los Angeles : east, south and south-east neighbourhoods like Watts, Inglewood, Florence and Westside.
- New-Orleans remains a relatively dangerous city and it is advised to stay in the touristic areas.
- Boston : in the Dorchester, Mattapan and Roxbury neighbourhoods
The risk of natural disasters and severe weather are much higher than in Europe. It is therefore advisable before any trip to a park or road trip, to learn about the weather and follow the instructions given by local authorities in case of storm warnings or tornado.